Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mommy Hearts

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11


It seems there is a "day" for everything!  Yesterday was national dessert, and be bald and free day.  Tomorrow is national boss' day.  Friday is wear something gaudy day.  What's this all about?


Obviously some of these days are just plain silly, but I also notice a lot of "days" that unite a group of people.  That's called community.  I hear it's a good thing.


I also think these "days" are a good thing because any time we have acknowledgement we have validation. And any time we have validation, we have healing.  I think we can all agree that healing is a REALLY good thing.


Today's verse is very fitting and sets us on a track to healing, together.  But I like the original Greek word used here that we see as "encourage" a bit better.  The Greek word is parakaleó.  The definition for this word is (a) I send for, summon, invite, (b) I beseech, entreat, beg, (c) I exhort, admonish, (d) I comfort, encourage, console.  This verse asks us to enter into one another's pain.  That's no easy feat, but it's so important.


Today is pregnancy and infant loss awareness day.  Let a mommy (or daddy) know that you remember.  Comfort one another.


I remember:  Pearl Huene, Kaden Rice, David Watson, Larson O'Brien, Savannah Burrell, Stella Nimmer, Reagan Baima, Whitney Wilson, Baby Schlect, Baby Chester, Baby Fisher, Baby Chism, Baby Fath, Babies Boushey, Babies Mahoney, Baby Turner, Babies Waller, Baby Marth, Baby Kindelberger, Josie Faith, and Eadie Joy McLeod

No comments:

Post a Comment