Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Slap A Little Of This On That

Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10


Pause in the story here:  I want to talk a little bit more about what I finished with yesterday.  Yesterday, I talked about the lover of your soul (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit) and the hater of your soul (Satan).  I encouraged you to "Fight that, no matter what", meaning fight Satan's desire and sole purpose to steal from you (peace for example), kill you (there are many ways to do that, but I believe disease is one of his favorite), and destroy you (your character, your family, your life).  As I drifted off to sleep last night I was imagining us all warming up for a boxing match as our way to prepare for our fight of this lunatic, but that's not it at all.  Its not a fight at all, but more a state of being.  I think I'd like a physical fight better.  THAT I understand, even though I know I'd be all too easily overtaken.  Doing always seems easier to me than being.


In one of Beth Moore's bible studies (I can't remember which one, but she's a great Bible teacher if you're looking for a good one, go check her out), she talks about allowing God's healing salve to be poured into you, into your wounded places that no one can see.  It's an awesome word picture because we've all had wounds, on the outside, that needed some salve in order to heal.  But what about the ones inside? 


As painful as it's been, this is what my "fight" has looked like over the past few years.  Me, coming before the Lord, allowing Him access to the very most painful places inside my heart and mind in order to have healing, in order to take back what has been taken from me.  Not every day, mind you.  Some days I'm not interested or "in the mood" because some days it hurts too much, as salve on a wound can.  But I tried the physical fight and it's just exhausting and not healing at all it turns out.


I think this is what all our "fights" with the enemy are supposed to look like, not a true fight at all, but a state of being.  Being before the lover of your soul, day in and day out.  He'll do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment